Brownville Town Office
16431 Star School Road, Dexter, NY 13634
The Town of Brownville Assessment Department consists of one experienced Assessor to assist residents with questions or concerns regarding their property assessment.
- Placement of an equitable value on each parcel
- Review of Senior Citizens, Veterans, Business and all other exemption applications
- Note: All exemption applications and renewal forms must be received by the Assessment Department on or before March 1, each year.
- Maintenance of accurate property inventories
- Coordination of Grievance Day, which is the fourth Tuesday in May, each year.
- Note: Applications for Assessment Grievance may be obtained at the Assessor's office (315) 639-3037, or at the following NY state website: